Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Trip to the Galapagos

Nope, not in Ecuador.  Thanks to Feast of Music, I had the pleasure of visiting the DUMBO Art Space, in order to review the Darcy James Argue Secret Society concert.  Read it here!  It was a great show, and hopefully, my review does it justice.
Galapagos is one of the most unique venues I have ever seen.  It is a "green" building, with recycled materials, efficient hot water heaters, and eco-friendly paint.  Even more, there is a lake in the middle of the floor.  Yes, a lake.  This is an environmental feature too, as it naturally helps regulate the internal temperature.  How cool is that?
I also had the pleasure of trying two excellent beers there.  Peak Organic winter ale was a delicious grapefruit beer, and Kelso of Brooklyn pilsner tasted like smoked gouda--how unexpected!
Can't wait until tomorrow.  I have a good editorial on tap for Marcus.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment